Eric was born and raised in the Northwest, and has lived in Bellingham for 30 years. He is married to Bellingham School Board Member, Quenby Peterson. Together they have two wonderful children who attend Bellingham Public Schools. They have a dog named Bumble and a cat aptly named Mr. Cat.
- Graduated from Lake Washington High school, Western Washington University and University of Oregon Law.
- Elected to the Associated Student Board of Directors at WWU.
- Prosecuted in Deschutes and Benton Counties in Oregon, and Whatcom, Skagit and San Juan Counties in Washington.
- Handled thousands of DUIs and Domestic Violence cases in early career.
- Handled thousands of the most serious cases since 1997, including child and adult rape, murder, stalking, and felony assault.
- Received the “Bucky award” from Pasado Safe Haven for work done with the Humane Society on an animal abuse case.
- In 2013, Eric was promoted to Chief Criminal Deputy Prosecutor and he oversees 14 attorneys.